The heat-shrinkable tube has gradually replaced the original insulation protection measures, and it is also widely used, mainly because it has the advantages of simple and convenient use, but the mystery knowledge is also more. There are many types of materials, and today we will do an in-depth interpretation of its materials.
Heat shrinkable tube material:
The more common materials are PVC (polyvinyl chloride), PE (polyethylene), PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride), PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), fluororubber, EPDM (triple ethylene propylene rubber), FEP (polyethylene Ethylene fluoride) is often used in military standard products, and silicone rubber can be used in food and medical treatment.
1. PVC (polyvinyl chloride) material is often used to make PVC heat-shrinkable tubes. Its product has a thin wall thickness and is one of the cheapest heat-shrinkable tubes. Commonly used for battery insulation protection and mop wood pole packaging, the product has many colors and is relatively bright.
2. The heat-shrinkable tube made of PE (polyethylene) is currently the most widely used and the largest product, because it has better insulation and wear resistance, and can produce more products. Representative products are: single-wall heat shrinkable tube, high-pressure busbar heat shrinkable tube. After the second development, the original process was improved, and the inner wall was coated with a layer of hot-melt adhesive. The new product double-walled heat-shrinkable tube was released because the hot-melt adhesive on the inner wall melted to block the entry of air and moisture. Also called waterproof heat shrinkable tube. With the subsequent development of the industry, the required performance requirements have increased, and the wall thickness and adhesive layer have been increased on the original basis, and it has evolved into the commonly used cable heat shrinkable sleeve. PE material is involved in both the electronics industry and the power industry, so it is the most widely used material. It can produce various colors of red, yellow, green, blue, black, white, transparent and other products, the gloss is relatively dull (matte).
3. The heat shrinkable tube made of PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) can have the effect of high temperature resistance, and can withstand some solvents and oils. There are two types of temperature resistance: 150℃ and 175℃. 150℃ is soft and 175℃ is semi-hard. The use environment can also be divided into two types: industrial industry and medical industry. The standard products are black and transparent. Black has good gloss. The transparent products are specially prepared and do not yellow during use.
Industrial industry: Especially suitable for environments requiring high temperature resistance, solvent resistance and high wear resistance.
Medical industry: It is prepared with medical-grade fluoropolymer and passed the ISO10993 medical biocompatibility test.
4. The Chinese name of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) is also called Teflon, so the heat-shrinkable tube prepared is also called Teflon heat-shrinkable tube, commonly known as plastic king resin, with high temperature resistance of 260 ℃, resistance to most chemical solvents and resistance High mechanical strength performance. The standard product of Teflon heat shrinkable tube is generally only transparent. Due to the special nature of the material, the product produced has a certain amount of whitening and is not completely transparent.
5. The heat-shrinkable tube made of fluorine rubber also has high temperature resistance, and the low temperature resistance can reach -65 ℃, and it will not be brittle at low temperature. It has excellent oil resistance and chemical corrosion resistance, and can protect wire harnesses and cables in oil or high temperature environments. The color of the finished product is only black, and the surface seems to have a layer of oil. It feels like an eraser and has some stickiness.
6. EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber) is processed by a special process. It has good physical and mechanical properties and excellent wear resistance. It is mainly used for the insulation protection of electronic components of cable harnesses. It is soft and elastic, and has a good grip. It is widely used in electronics, automobile, decoration and lighting engineering. It can work at a temperature of 150℃ for a long time, or it can be used for a short time or intermittently at a temperature of 180-200℃ for a short time. The standard color is black.
7. The main outstanding performance of FEP (polyperfluoroethylene) is its excellent transparency, which can continue to work at a high temperature of 200 ℃. It can perfectly solve the places that need high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and high transparency.
8. Silicone heat shrinkable tube is prepared by mixing silicone rubber. The products are divided into flame retardant and non-flame retardant. Silicone heat shrinkable tube is often used in medical equipment and household that have certain requirements on product flexibility and temperature resistance. Provides insulation protection for wires and cables in the fields of electrical appliances, aerospace, military industry, automobiles, electronic components, transformers, engines, etc. It can withstand high temperature of 200℃, and the standard colors are mainly iron red and gray.
The above is an overview of the latest materials of the heat shrinkable tube and the differences between the various materials, and how to choose the appropriate heat shrinkable material in the future project, can achieve the effect of protective products.